- Position : Field Officer (FO) – Intercropping Commodities
- Based in : Palangkaraya – Central Kalimantan
- Reports to : NTFP Project Manager
- Duration Contract : 1 year (with 3 months probation period)
- Start Date : As soon as possible
Fairventures Worldwide (FVW) is a social entrepreneur in the field of international development cooperation, based in Stuttgart, Germany. According to the mission of Intergenerational Equity, Fairventures fosters economic, social and ecological sustainability within and between generations. The thematic focus is a sustainable development of the entire value chain of tropical forests, including wood and other cash crops. Since 2014, Fairventures is running the One Million Trees program (1mTrees) in Central Kalimantan (Borneo) in collaboration with their local partner, the Borneo Institute. Together with local communities, the aim of the program is to restore the fertility of deforested and strongly degraded soils and reforest these areas with mixed species plantings of timber, food and cash crops while improving the income situation for the local population and hence prevent the further deforestation of natural forests.
To strengthen our team’s capabilities, we are currently seeking 1 (one) person as Field Officer of Intercropping Commodities, with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, social science, environmental science or related field.
- Having solid practical experiences in intercropping projects (cacao/coffee/spices) would be an advantage.
- Solid experiences in Internal Control System (ICS) implementation would be preferred
- Having good understanding and practical experiences in organic farming and compost procesing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development project implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government and farmers
- Self-starter, good communication skill and ability to manage daily task with minimum supervision
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and web browser software
- Willingness to work and live in Palangkaraya, Central Kalimantan
The position involves the following activities :
- Working with Intercropping Experts to analyze land suitability for the development of appropriate agroforestry commodities in accordance with soil conditions, planting plan and monitoring activities
- Coordinate and carry out work in the field, involving several groups of farmers in the work area
- Workplace composition: 60% at the field and 40% at the office
Fairventures offers the following benefits :
- A pleasant working environment in an aspiring company with a social, environmental and economic mission
- A growing international and highly motivated working environment with dynamic colleagues which offers great personal growth potentials
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experiences.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your full application (including motivational letter, CV, references and expected monthly salary) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state your earliest possible starting date. Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. The closing date to submit the application letter is on August 16th, 2018.