Is it possible for someone who still at young age could be able to be in the highest position in place where they work?
Most of people think that someone’s career improvement is equal to their age or work experiences in their companies. On the other hand, someone who is in the highest or important position in a company usually a person who already worked there for years.
According to Risyanto Suanda, S.Pi., M.Si., the youngest Executive Director of Perum Perikanan Indonesia said that success is not defined by age but attitude.
Risyanto, who become Executive Director of Perum Perikanan Indonesia at 42 years old, has tips for youngster to get success upon their career:
- Wherever you might be, you must have competitiveness attitude because we have to capable of compete in a good way
- Must have soft skills and hard skills
- Have consistence and persistence to our job
Moreover, one of the youngest leader in State Owned Enterprises (BUMN) also explained 4 must-have skills for a youngster who wants to get successful career: skill, spirit, endurance, and pray.
Learn one particular aspect or field until you become an expert in that field
You must have spirit and willingness to achieve in that field of work
You must practice and train so you will have persistent mental endurance because every successful person has their own ups-and-downs
Always pray to God
Keys to be successfull at young age:
- Be confident in a positive way becaue we have the skill neded in the field we would like to work
- Have professional skill in that field
- Hard working
[UGM Alumni Relation/Irzha;Photo:123rf.com]